Building tours for clients

We have been selling tours on VoiceMap since 2020 and we had another business in the travel industry contact us to create GPS audio tours for them as a marketing tool. Have any other creators on VoiceMap successfully marketed their tour creation service? Did you have success? We are just now starting a pay per click campaign to find other businesses in Southern California who would like tours built for them, preferably walking or driving but we have also explored indoor venues like museums where we also use 360 photography. I don’t see many companies out there advertising their tour building services but would appreciate any comments, suggestions or recommendations. Thanks a lot

I don’t know of anybody else doing this @jerry3061, at least in the way you’ve described it, but I do think it’s a good idea.

In time we’d like to build out a marketplace for these services similar to what you find at Vimeo and MailChimp.

I think that’s a great idea and I look forward to seeing how voicemap progresses on that front. As we explore the demand for creating these tours, I’m finding that there is little awareness of the advantages of using GPS, location-aware technologies and in fact it seems as though there’s more competition In the tourism marketplace leading to decreasing sales. As you can see from our account, For the last six months total downloads are almost 40% lower compared to the same period last year. Is voicemap overall seeing the same trend? If so, what do you think is the reason for this? We are launching a PPC campaign Here in Southern California to see what kind of response we get for offering these tour creation services so we’ll see how it’s received.

We’re seeing strong growth in direct sales @jerry3061, but this is never evenly distributed and I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t benefiting from it. To understand what has happened, we’d need to break the changes down by tour and by channel.

From a quick glance, the Lo Jolla tour seems like the main culprit, and most of its sales have come from Viator. We have seen much less dramatic growth through Viator this year – and from Tripadvisor’s Q2 earnings report, this slowdown appears to be affecting the whole company, not just us.

But the tour is well reviewed and I think sales should at least be holding steady, even with a new competitor. @Brent and I will take a closer look at this and get back to you.

Thanks, Iain. Good insights and we are happy to report that we just got our first lead from our new PPC campaign for tour creation and the prospect is a large employer in San Diego focused on education. Mindy is following up on the lead and we’ll let you know how it goes. Yes please let me know what else you can find from drilling down on the data.