Comments on third party sellers (GYG, Viator etc)

Hi all,

My audio guide for Ronda has been selling a few copies from GYG and Viator and there are some comments on those platforms. Whilst most are 5 stars with good feedback a few raise issues of getting lost etc etc.

So I was wondering, is it a good idea to create accounts on these platforms and answer any comments or issues? I would guess that it would help sales to new customers if they see the audio guide author answering questions, saying thankyou or clearing up any issues?

This is the listing at GYG with 8 reviews: https://www.getyourguide.com/ronda-l838/ronda-audio-guide-walking-tour-with-puente-nuevo-and-viejo-t425095/

However, as an afterthought, its Voicemap that added the tours to these sites but I do understand it would be impossible to answer reviews of all the tours in the Voicemap catalogue of audio guides…

Thanks for posting @clive.

Unfortunately it isn’t possible to reply to reviews on GetYourGuide. They make that clear here.

We do respond to one, two and some three star reviews on Viator / Tripadvisor. When we do this, we’re mostly thinking about future customers and we try to help them understand why the review is unlikely to be an accurate reflection of what they can expect.

Oh wow, well I didn’t know that…

“At GetYourGuide we believe that the first-hand experience of our mutual customers is the best way to provide valuable feedback for our mutual business, this is why it is not possible to reply to reviews.”

So far I am lucky enough to have fairly good reviews but a few could do with further explanation… The person who complained that they got lost because they started the tour in reverse for example… or indeed the 1 star I got on voicemap with no text or explanation as to what went wrong… very odd that one :slight_smile:

The reviews are going to become increasingly important especially as I have more third party sales than in app or voicemap web sales…

Thanks for the info Iain… :slight_smile:

Just about all of my negative reviews are about the app not working correctly (i.e. it does not pick up their location correctly). It’s almost certainly a user error every time. However, I think it would be helpful to prompt the user whenever they begin the tour in virtual mode if this is what they really want to do. A simple reminder that if they are actually walking the route, then this is not what they want to do. My guess is that most folks are making this error and then claiming that the app is broken, leading to the one-star review.

Can you post a link to your guide? I get most reviews from GYG and the Voicemap site. Viator and trip advisor are performing the least.

Heres mine at GYG https://www.getyourguide.com/ronda-l838/ronda-audio-guide-walking-tour-with-puente-nuevo-and-viejo-t425095

The trouble is, when there is a “pilot” error there seems little that can be done as the user has already proven that they dont understand how the app works and they have already lost their patience with it.

Also, I don’t think a few 1 stars really matter in the scheme of things so long as the majority are positive…

Looking forward to any feedback on this subject

We do show this Gregg, but it’s when they use virtual mode the first time for each tour. Here’s a screenshot:

Still, any negative feedback is frustrating and we do our best to respond to the cause. This is why we’ve spent so much time working on the start screen, and helping you start the tour in the right place, with the right expectations.

Negative reviews through resellers are also much more common – our App Store rating is 4.8/5 from over 5,620 reviews. It’s actually lower for our own internal, per tours system, where we have an average of 4.6/5 from over 30,000 ratings now.

Where are you seeing negative reviews @2yxfqfjzbj?

1 Like

I’d still be interested in why Viator and TA are performing so badly in comparison with GYG. I am approaching 100 reviews at GYG (97 to date) but Viator has been stuck on 5 reviews for many, months.

With TA and its terms an conditions its impossible to link to my guide in a relevant topic on the Ronda forums without getting punished or banned by the mods. (Even when someone asks for help with discovering Ronda!) Sigh!