Promoting your own tour

@jerry3061 and Mindy founded TourFreely when they launched their first VoiceMap Tour in southern California. Mindy recently spoke on Hera Hub’s podcast Flight Club about what lead them to create self-guided audio tours, how they turned their passion into a business, and how they marketed their tour during the covid-19 pandemic.

Using your own connections to local media is a great way to get the word out about your tours. Please share with us and other publishers what has worked for you when it comes to promoting your tours.

For me in my area of spain local media are simply not interested in any kind of article or interview with me and my tourism projects… After initial conact with all the locals the best offer I have had is an “advertorial” for 1600 euros plus VAT…

I am going down the road of placing the QR code in hotels in the tour area… Thats tricky too as the guided tour market here is fiercely defended by local guides who all think its their territory…

That said I am getting some good feedback from the hotels where I have the QR code placed…

You can now create QR codes for each of the locations on your tours @clive. Just go to the distribution tab:

We’re going to look at adding tracking for this next.

Thats great but for some tours I am sure but for me there is no way I could put up the QR codes anywhere… They would be taken down by the council very quickly…