Using WhatsApp to share VoiceMap news and updates

Hi everyone! We’ve compiled a quick survey, with only two questions, to help guide how we communicate with you. There are over 750 VoiceMap publishers now, and we want to understand if more immediate ways of bringing you news and updates might help us leverage the power of this growing community.

About me: I recently joined VoiceMap as Community Manager with the specific aim of supporting you, our inspiring publishers. I look forward to working with you and helping you share your stories.

1 Like

Hi Helene

I filled out your survey with a “yes” I have Whatsapp but a “no” for joining a group. A regular email newsletter and this forum is enough for me I think.

This forum is quite slow and the Facebook page is fairly lifeless so it seems sensible to me to use an email newsletter system otherwise you will have to use all the social networks from Reddit through Flipboard, insta and all the rest of them dictated by your publishers social media preferences No?

I tend to use email subscription in order to stay in contact with my suppliers and interests.

Hi Clive,

Thank you for your feedback and responding to the survey, it’s much appreciated. Yes, we’re in the process of reviewing how we communicate with publishers and although the forum is a great resource, it doesn’t get as much traction as it should. The idea is to use the WhatsApp group to share news but also drive more traffic to the forum and Facebook group where publishers can then engage in discussion.

I think it’s also important to note that with 750+ publishers, we have a wide range of social media preferences, so we’re looking for the most efficient and effective ways to reach the largest group.

Yes, we are also discussing the potential of an email newsletter, is there anything specific you would (hypothetically) want to see in it?

For the newsletter, I think it would be great to include a mix of content that keeps publishers informed and engaged. Here’s what I think could be valuable:

1. Trending Tours: A section highlighting popular or trending tours across different regions. This could give publishers insight into what’s working well and inspire new ideas.
  2. Audio Guide News & Tips: Updates on the latest developments in audio guides, including new features, best practices, and tips for creating engaging content.
  3. Links to Forum Discussions: Curated links to active or interesting forum topics. This could help drive more engagement by directing publishers to discussions that might be relevant to their needs or interests.
  4. Case Studies & Success Stories: Brief case studies or success stories from other publishers. Learning about what’s worked for others could be incredibly motivating and informative.
  5. Upcoming Events & Webinars: Information on any upcoming events, webinars, or training sessions that could help publishers improve their offerings or stay updated on industry trends.
  6. Spotlight on New Publishers: A section that introduces and welcomes new publishers to the community, possibly with a brief overview of their unique offerings.
  7. Social Media Highlights: A roundup of the most engaging or popular posts from the Facebook group or other social media platforms, helping to connect the community and keep everyone informed about what’s trending.

Have a great evening! :slight_smile:

Agree with Clive, theres a lot to cover and probably more than Whatapp can read. We use exclusively WhatsApp here in Bali, but the volume of messages coming in is rather large, its better to have a dedicated Newsletter than can be digested and discussed.

We do find the forum useful but we have to remember to see whats new and distinct from the other sections. . A compressed newsletter is a better way to reach various groups quickly.

I agree an email newsletter might be the right fit for me. I responded yes to the survey, because I would join rather than be left out, but I use WhatsApp only rarely and would have to keep an eye out for notifications. E-mail I definitely check.

Thank you @clive these are some inspiring ideas, I particularly like the last two since it’s a great way for publishers to learn from each other as well. We’ll keep you updated on how we plan to proceed.

Thanks @baliwalkingtours for the feedback. Yes, no one wants to be bombarded by WhatsApp messages. The idea is for the WhatsApp group to drive discussion back to the forum and lead directly to the relevant sections. The more eyes we can get on the forum discussions, the livelier they’ll be.

Thanks @darbyshire.tom, I hear what you’re saying. Our idea is to use the WhatsApp group to share similar information that we share over other platforms, just more directly. So, if you’re regularly checking the forum you won’t miss out on anything.

1 Like